How to care for your Invisalign Aligners
One of the perks of choosing Invisalign aligners is being able to remove them to eat and drink, avoiding the age-old problem of getting food stuck in your braces! Despite this, they do still need looking after and a regular cleaning and care routine will ensure you prevent them becoming discoloured and/or odorous. This can happen when leaving them for too long without cleaning allows a build up of bacteria and plaque, which can cause further issues related to your teeth.
Here are a few things you can do to look after care your Invisalign aligners:
- Rinse: every time you remove your Invisalign aligners smake sure you rinse them under water, to gently clean away any food residue, germs, and saliva.
- Soap: if you want to give your aligner a more thorough clean, use some anti-bacterial soap (as long as it is clear), which will kill any bacteria.
- Soak: use Invisalign cleaning crystals to deep clean your aligners regularly, remove stubborn plaque and bacteria.
- Brush: caring for your aligners also comes from brushing your teeth. Keep your teeth clean, free from plaque and bacteria, and remember to floss!
- Use toothpaste: even though toothpaste is good for your teeth, it isn’t for your aligner! Don’t use toothpaste to clean them, just gently brush with water!
- Eating/Drinking: refrain from eating and drinking anything that could discolour the aligner whilst wearing it such as coffee– it’s best to just stick to water.
If you have any further questions or require more information on caring for your Invisalign aligners, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us via https://www.northway-dental.co.uk/contact/